6:01 PM

I Thank You Lord

I Once was lost in sin and shame,
Felt that life was nothing but a game,
Lived each day as though the same,
Like many others blind and lame.
My life was always dull and plain,
There was much of sorrow grief and pain.
There were times when i felt so faint.
Ending my life would've been such a gain.

Chorus:
And I thank you Lord,
For calling my name,
And i think you Lord,
For cleansing my stain.
With your blood set me free,
Made me able to see.
And I thank you Lord,
And I thank you Lord.

With Jesus, Life is not the same,
Many habits did I have to change.
Living life with meaning each day,
Without complain of burden or pain.
With Christ, I am now born again.
My sins have been all washed away,
My past I put aside
And now I live with Christ by my side.

My life I give to you O lord,
I pray you'll lead me with your word.
Give me strength with each new day,
Whether at school, at work, or at play.
I want to do your will O Lord,
Grant me Love, Wisdom and faithfulness.
Use my mouth to praise your name,
Sharing your Word both night and day.

My friend, I pray for you each day,
That someday, God may show you the way,
Open your eyes that you may realise,
How precious you are in God eyes.
Dear friend, perhaps you might not know,
That Jesus really Loves you so,
Maybe when you recieve him too,
Your heart may echo this same tune:

This Song “I Thank You Lord” was written close to the end of year 2005 during my A-level prelim period… It was in a time of anxiety, extreme stress and pressure that made me think of a certain event as a source of comfort.

Then, my own life story came into play… I wrote out a little poem

1st Stanza – My life before knowing God

2nd Stanza – Life knowing Christ personally as my Lord and Savior

3rd Stanza – Giving my Life to God, and my plea to Him to use me.

4th Stanza – Reaching out to the Lost.

While writing it, I was full of thanks to God for all the mercies he has showed to me all these years, and thus the Chorus of the “poem” was formed.

I read it to myself several times… It worked well, making me feel better when upset… Then some tune came into my mind… and I fit the words in. Hmm… The words fitted so nicely and there and then, the song “I Thank You Lord” was completed.

Now with a song in my heart, It’s a source of comfort and joy to me wherever I go. During training in the army, when lonely or bored… I just sing a song of thanks and I feel revived. Thanks be to God for giving me a song in times of trouble.

Psalm 28:7

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

Psalm 40:3

And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.

The 4th stanza was written because during my 2 years in JC, I was strongly burning in my heart to evangelize. I had shared the gospel with many. Some heard, some responded, some believed, and many turned away. I dedicate this song, especially the 4th stanza to all my unsaved friends and Loved ones, and to my beloved best friend, Mark Tan.


Lets Praise The Lord

Written by Luke :

This song was written in the early part of year 2006. I cannot remember the exact date. This song was written as a way to tell a bit about the gospel, at the same time show praise and thanksgiving to the Lord. It is also about submitting ourselves to God, giving our Lives to him, so as to live a sin-free life, and be a living sacrifice, without blemish, fit for the kingdom of God.


Our Heavenly Father sent his Son to live in human form
He gave His life that man may live with him forevermore
He bled and died upon the cross, bearing the sins of all
And by his wondrous grace we’re saved the first time we were called.

Lets Praise the Lord and Thank the Lord
And lift his holy name.
Lets worship him, bring gifts to Him
Obey his every Word, and let us
Bow before the throne of God,
And give our lives to him
That we may live a life that free from sin.

Please note:

Above I mentioned “And by his wondrous grace we’re saved the first time we were called.”

It could be sung in another way, "And by his wondrous grace we're saved the first time we believed" but it doesn't sound that nice, so i used the above. Of course I had to put in an explaination so as not to make the song sound doctrinally wrong.

I know that Matthew 22:14 says this:

Matthew 22:14

For many are called, but few are chosen.

However, I am referring to those predestined and called; Those that were predestined cannot fall from grace.

Romans 8:28-30

For those whom he fore knew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the first-born among many brethren. And those whom he predestined he also called; and those whom he called he also justified; and those whom he justified he also glorified."


No Greater Love

Written by Luke:

No other man, loved us more than Him,
who gave His life on Calvary’s tree
Lord Jesus Christ, marvellous is He;
He died to take away my sin.
Upon the cross as He bled for me, He promised us salvation free
And through His Word I know He will be coming back for me.

No greater love, I’ll ever see
Than what my Saviour has done for me
No greater gift, I would receive
Than Jesus Christ who loves me

What wondrous grace he showed to me


The First song I had ever written. Written somewhere around the middle or start of the year 2005: it was when I started to love reading the gospel books of the bible. Being my first composition, I felt it wasn’t a very well written song, so I left it hidden in my cupboard for quite a long while. It was not until I wrote my 2nd song “I Thank you Lord” that I “dug” this up and refined it again.

This Song Talks about God’s great love for us that cannot be compared with the love of the world or even parental Love. After giving his life, rising from the dead, he left us a promise before ascending to heaven that he would return and bring us to the mansions prepared for us in heaven. What other greater gift can you receive other than Jesus?


Sunday, February 18, 2007





My Testimonial
Being Christian in a Non-Christian World
My Plea to Non-Believers
Lyrics to Songs
Hymnpod - Traditional Humns Podcast - Christopher Tan


Welcome to my blog, I'm Luke and I started this blog to pen down some of my thoughts regarding what I believe in as a christian. In no way am I attempting to prove that I am superior in terms of knowledge.

For whatever you may disagree upon, or think is unright, please raise it up at my tag-board. I will answer what I can to my utmost best.

To contact me, you can send me sms through this number 93767336, or email me at sqxluke@gmail.com.

Feel free to use any material I have posted on my blog. * Note that not all posts here are mine.*

I hope through this blog may I be able to strengthen believers and bring non-believers to christ. Do pray for me. God bless you all.

Your faithful friend
~Luke