9:53 AM
The Catholic Answers

This was taken from the Catholic answers... I noticed that there are ways in which the bible verses were quoted wrongly...

Apostolic Tradition

Is Scripture the sole rule of faith for Christians? Not according to the Bible. While we must guard against merely human tradition, the Bible contains numerous references to the necessity of clinging to apostolic tradition.

Thus Paul tells the Corinthians, "I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I have delivered them to you" (1 Cor. 11:2), and he commands the Thessalonians, "So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thess. 2:15). He even goes so far as to order, "Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from any brother who is living in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us" (2 Thess. 3:6).

To make sure that the apostolic tradition would be passed down after the deaths of the apostles, Paul told Timothy, "[W]hat you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also" (2 Tim. 2:2). In this passage he refers to the first four generations of apostolic succession-is own generation, Timothy's generation, the generation Timothy will teach, and the generation they in turn will teach.

The early Church Fathers, who were links in that chain of succession, recognized the necessity of the traditions that had been handed down from the apostles and guarded them scrupulously, as the following quotations show.

My Response

1."I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I have delivered them to you" (1 Cor. 11:2)

The bible states in 1Cor 11.2 "Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delievered them to you."

The word Ordinances means "the law" given by Paul... It is in no way related to how the Catholic answers author writes, as Traditions... Keep the Law, not maintain the traditions... Why must the Catholic Answers change the bible verse just to try and make people believe in them? Wheres the answer? It is just a lie, that covers up one after another. There is no truth, but who checks with the scripture to ensure that misquoting is not occuring?

2."So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thess. 2:15).

Now, to counter check... the Bible says in 2 Thess. 2:15 "Therefore, brethren, standfast and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle."

Here, the Catholic answers author quotes quite accurately... Was there an error in his bible when quoting the previous verse? Or has his bible been edited to suit his believes to follow tradition?. And what traditions did the author mean? Did he mean the Catholic Traditions? He sure did.

But what did the bible say? It says "hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle." by word... Did it say Mouth??? No! It was an addition. So the people can say that whatever has been passed down by the mouths of olden day catholics is correct...

Did it say by letter? Letter of whom? Letter of the Popes and Catholic Priests of early time? The bible clearly states that it is the letters written by the first Christians which are in the new testaments of the bible....

Thank God, His bible still has answers to all our questions. What is the use of Catholic Answers that uses verses edited by the author? What kind of answer is that? That is men's answer to the questions asked. But what is God's answer? Look in the Bible. Will you choose to listen to Man or God?

This is just one of the Catholic answers that shows that it has it's flaws. How can the whole lot of it then be trusted.

I will be posting more of the catholic answers here, to show how directly it steals away words from the bible and add in words of its own to compliment the traditions of the catholic church.

May the reader find the true answers to the questions in his life, through the bible, and not by mouth of man.

God Bless

Friday, July 08, 2005





My Testimonial
Being Christian in a Non-Christian World
My Plea to Non-Believers
Lyrics to Songs
Hymnpod - Traditional Humns Podcast - Christopher Tan


Welcome to my blog, I'm Luke and I started this blog to pen down some of my thoughts regarding what I believe in as a christian. In no way am I attempting to prove that I am superior in terms of knowledge.

For whatever you may disagree upon, or think is unright, please raise it up at my tag-board. I will answer what I can to my utmost best.

To contact me, you can send me sms through this number 93767336, or email me at sqxluke@gmail.com.

Feel free to use any material I have posted on my blog. * Note that not all posts here are mine.*

I hope through this blog may I be able to strengthen believers and bring non-believers to christ. Do pray for me. God bless you all.

Your faithful friend
~Luke